The Evans Williams Law Group's Response to COVID-19
The Evans Williams Law Group is dedicated to keeping the community safe in accordance with the state and federal recommendations for social distancing. As such, we have made the following list that we hope will address any questions or concerns you may have:
1. Our office is open. Masks are required inside the office at all times.
2. We ask that you do not stop by the office unless you need to drop off documents that you do not have the capability to fax or email. In this case, please use our mail drop box on our door instead of coming into the office for face-to-face contact. We will also be getting mail through the post office if you need to send anything to us.
3. It is our preference to conduct consultations by teleconference or videoconference. However, we will accommodate in-person consultations. Clients will be limited to two people to comply with social distancing guidelines. Each person must wear a mask.
4. Appointments to execute estate planning documents (or deeds) shall be held in the office. Clients will be limited to two people to comply with social distancing guidelines. Each person must wear a mask. Appointments to videoconference the execution of documents will be held on a case-by-case basis.
5. Cook, Will, Lake, Kendall, and Kane County Cases. Most cases continue to be heard via Zoom. This is an evolving process. All cases can be filed. You do not need to attend court unless specifically instructed to do so. We will continue to inform you as soon as we have updated information for you.
6. We continue to have real estate closings at this time.
7. During this time of uncertainty, we ask you to think about your own preparedness for the unexpected. Now may be a good time to consider implementing an estate plan if you haven’t already.
As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office. Remember, be cautious, but don't act out of fear. Stay safe, everyone!